Unity 2D Platformer & Action Game Programmer
We are currently closed to new applications.
Please check back later, or feel free to send us a general application as per instructions on our JOIN THE PARTY page. 🧙🏽
The current project
In a nutshell, we explore the themes of complex-PTSD, perception, and perspective by integrating real psychological theories and concepts into our gameplay mechanics. Our storytelling is primarily through game and world design, narrative-informing mechanics, and shifts in the environment. You can read a bit more on our The Hub profile.
We’re looking for someone wanting in on the ground floor, someone who’s gonna kill it as a core team member. 🔥 🔥 Could that be you?
We’ve already laid out all our core design framework, and now need someone with experience to help us bring all this to life.
The first goal is to build a technical prototype for Project Filter. Prototype development would be completed by mid-January.
Then, it’s straight on to developing our demo!
🎮 Experience working with Unity2D
👾 Experience working on game dev team
🤺 Experience with developing platforming and combat gameplay
👁️🗨️ Experience with implementing UI elements into games
💾 Strong understanding of using GitHub for Unity projects
🔱 Champion of clean code
🐉 Someone who wants to stick around to help build an epic indie studio!
🚀Actually launched a game (extra points for Steam/GOG/PSN/XBL)
🦉 Knowledge of game subject matter
🧩 Experience with other aspects of game development
🦄 Previous start-up experience (management/finance/marketing/etc.)
💓 Passionate about narrative-informing game mechanics
We Also Want Someone Who…
- Shares our studio’s ethos and has a genuine interest in exploring topics of social and psychological importance within games.
- Demonstrates flexibility: targets and priorities may change, deadlines may shift, and builds may break. All team members must be able to adapt to such situations and take charge where needed.
- Is self-directed and can assign their own tasks and take initiative within their area of expertise.
- Does not hesitate to alert the team to potential obstacles/problems, concerns, or personal situations that may impact work (e.g., if your kid keeps you up all night and you’re unsure you can function for a team meeting, tell us and take downtime).
- Wears the team-player’s hat: as a new startup, we need companions who want to contribute to the vision of the game.
Are we right for you?
Meet the founders: Get to know Val and Korra here.
And don’t forget to check out our studio’s ethos and the rest of our fabulous team.