Spine 2D Animator (Unity 2D)
The current project
Meet Project Filter, a 2D adventure/platformer metroidvania. Imagine if Hollow Knight, GRIS, and Rain World had offspring: it might look something like Project Filter. In a nutshell, we explore the themes of complex-PTSD, perception, and perspective by integrating real psychological theories and concepts into our gameplay mechanics. Our storytelling is primarily through game and world design, narrative-informing mechanics, and shifts in the environment. You can read a bit more on our The Hub profile.
We’re looking for someone who wants in on the ground floor, someone who’s gonna kill it as a team member. 🔥 🔥 Could that be you?
We are wrapping up our technical prototype for Project Filter this month. Beginning in January, we’re diving into developing our demo!
🎮 Experience working with Unity2D.
👾 Experience working with Spine 2D.
🔱Experience working on game dev team.
🐉Someone who wants to stick around to help build an epic indie studio!
🚀Actually launched a game (extra points for Steam/GOG/PSN/XBL)
🦉 Knowledge of game subject matter
🧩 Experience with other aspects of game development
🦄 Previous start-up experience
💓 Passionate about collaborative development
We Also Want Someone Who…
- Shares our studio’s ethos and has a genuine interest in exploring topics of social and psychological importance within games.
- Demonstrates flexibility: targets and priorities may change, deadlines may shift, and builds may break. All team members must be able to adapt to such situations and take charge where needed.
- Is self-directed and can assign their own tasks and take initiative within their area of expertise.
- Does not hesitate to alert the team to potential obstacles/problems, concerns, or personal situations that may impact work (e.g., if your kid keeps you up all night and you’re unsure you can function for a team meeting, tell us and take downtime).
- Wears the team-player’s hat: as a new startup, we need companions who want to contribute to the vision of the game.
Are we right for you?
Meet the founders: Get to know Val and Korra here.
And don’t forget to check out our studio’s ethos and the rest of our fabulous team.
The current position is a revshare opportunity combined with our retroactive payment scheme.
With multiple funding applications underway, we hope (but cannot guarantee) to transition this position to a full-time paid contractor position in March.
Retroactive payment: We record all work hours and promise to reimburse you for your time. Payments would be made out upon securing of sufficient funding, and at increments across development and shortly after launch. Even the founders work on this scheme, but will be paid after all other team members.
For the time being, we are looking for someone who can commit about 8–10 hours a week to our project.
Spine 2D and Unity2D are required.
Candidate ideally shares either Central European or North American timezones for communication purposes.🧙🏽